There's loads of information out there. Here are some of our favourites. (Let us know if there are any others we should be adding)
- News/ gossip/ training tips: check out Slowtwitch (USA), Tri247 (UK), First off the bike (Oz), Triathlete magazine, TriRadar (Triathlon Plus magazine), Triathlete's World, 220 Triathlon, Endurance Planet, Xtri.com, Ironman.
- Teams/ coaches:Purplepatch, Endurance Corner, Team TBB, The Triathlon Coach, Joel Filliol, Mat Steinmetz, Alan Couzens, Graeme Stewart, Team Dillon and Garth Fox.
- International athlete blogs: some of our favourites with the most chat include Chrissie Wellington, Jesse Thomas, Jordan Rapp, Jodie Swallow, Tamsin Lewis and Leanda Cave. We also have a lot of time for Crowie, Macca, Julie Dibens and Will Clarke. And Gavin Noble, who's always got something amusing to say.
- Podcasts: we love listening to IM Talk, Legends of Triathlon, First off the bike, Competitor Radio, Endurance Planet and Marathon Talk.
- Online training diaries: if you're after a nicely laid out format, try Dailymile. For awesome functionality, go with Training Peaks. Have a look at 220 Triathlon's MyTri for diary, training plans and more. Compete against your pals using Strava.
- Races: Find your races in TriMapper. Globally, Ironman and Challenge put on a lot of races. Find UAE races at Premier Online.
- Swim Smooth has all the information you could ever want on swimming. And then some more.
A TriDubai Saturday sea swim session. Does life get any better?!
- Perhaps all you need to know about riding is contained in the Velominati Rules. Pay particular attention to Rule #5.
- News/ gossip/ training tips: take a look at VeloNews, Cycling News, Bicycling.com. Training tips at Cycling Secrets.
- Training with power: check the informative Cycling Power Models (and then start saving to buy your SRM/ Quarq/ PowerTap!). Or take a look at the TriDubai Power and Speed Calculator!
- Which bike to get: How to choose a bike, according to Science - 10 factors to consider
- Kinetic Revolution regularly updates its excellent site - a lot of which relates to running off the bike.
- Check out Sweat Science at Runner's World for cutting edge exercise science. And also Steve Magness' blog, the Science of Running. See McMillan Running for the famous McMillan running calculator (great for figuring out your training zone paces), as well as understanding some of the science behind it all.
- Blogs: Canadian marathoner Reid Coolsaet has a good blog.
Strength and conditioning
- There is lots of information on Peter Attia's The Eating Academy. And even more (too much?!) on Ben Greenfield's site.
- We also like this zone diet article from Inside Triathlon, that makes a lot of sense to us.
- Gadgets: the most in-depth reviews you'll ever see of the latest Garmin and other triathlon gadgets from DC Rainmaker.
- Sports science: The Science of Sport is always an interesting read.