Training with other groups
There are a few swimming, cycling and running groups in Dubai (and some other triathlon groups too). Why not check out some of their sessions? We've listed the ones we know about below.
- Bespoke Ride: BR has a team of highly skilled coaches that will design unique training packages, to address each of one of our athletes needs and provide constant supervision and training updates.
- Go Strong: A triathlon hub where you can find everything you need for a healthy and fun lifestyle!
- Race-me / Train-ME: Endurance sport training programmes and group sessions for budding triathletes looking to get into the sport and seasoned athletes looking to get faster.
- TRIbe: TRIbe Racing Team is a UAE based training and racing team. The team is open to all levels of multi-sport obsessed athletes.
- Dubai Masters Swimming Club: these guys are awesome. Tell Seth that TriDubai sent you, and he'll probably give you a free session. They do morning and evening sessions at Kings School in Umm Suqueim. They also organise a sea swim every Friday morning.
- Speedo Swim Squads: Speedo Swim Squads now offers an extended masters program, with sessions in 4 different locations both morning and evening.
- TRI SWIM DXB: Have you heard about SwimSmooth methodoly? Want to give it a try? TRI SWIM DXB is the place to try it in Dubai.
- Dubai Roadsters: the original group ride in Dubai. Organised by the guys at Wolfi's Bike Shop, the Friday morning ride starts and finishes at the Nad Al Sheba cycle track. The group splits up after 30km or so, and you can decide to ride with groups doing 80km, 120km or 140km. They also have sessions at Nad Al Sheba on Sundays and Tuesdays.
- Cycle Safe Dubai: Cycle Safe Dubai organise well-attended Friday rides (6 distances from 35km to 100km), and the "legendary" Saturday morning coffee run out to Bab Al Shams and back. Both rides start at 6am from here. They also organise the free Wednesday night rides round the Dubai Autodrome (6-9pm). AND these guys were the driving force behind the new Al Qudra cycle track and Camel race track - great work Cycle Safe!
- Probike: Every Monday night, join the crew from Probike for a short but sweet 36km ride out-and-back on the Al Qudra cycle track (meeting point here), starting at 6.40pm. Pace is 28-30kph average depending on the group's ability.
- Abras: join the Abras for track sessions on Monday nights, runs at various locations on Wednesdays, and sometimes for Friday runs. These guys and girls know how to race.
- Dubai Creek Striders: the Striders head out for long runs on Friday mornings, and also hold sessions on Tuesday nights. You just need to be able to run 10km without stopping.
- Mirdif Milers: based, unsurprisingly, around Mirdiff, the Mirdif Milers organise training runs on Monday and Wednesday nights, as well as Saturday mornings.