There are loads of events (triathlon, swim, bike, run) out there in the Emirates. If you're a racing junkie, you should be able to compete at one event or another pretty much every weekend (outside of the summer months).
Check out the following organisations/ races - and please get in contact if there is an event in the UAE that you know about that we haven't got listed. You can also keep your eye on the calendar page of the Premier Marathons site, where a lot of the events in the Emirates are listed.
- Race ME Events: Set up in 2013 to position Dubai as a regional hub for triathlon and to stage international-standard endurance sports events for the growing sporting community in the UAE. As triathletes themselves, the philosophy is triathlon by triathletes for triathletes. Super sprint and sprint distance races are on offer for the Jebel Ali series. They also host the hugely successful DIT 70.3 in November each year.
- Tri Yas: a wonderful Olympic and sprint distance race. Swim in the Yas Marina, and ride your bike at full speed round the F1 track.
- ITU: Choose between sprint, Olympic and the unique "Maxi" (1.5km/80km/20km) distance race. This race is held in Abu Dhabi.
Ironman70.3 Dubai: For all those who enjoy the 70.3 distance, this is the big international race on our doorstep. Making its impressive debut in 2016, we expect to see this race grow year on year.
- Supersports: A great race series featuring super sprint, sprint and Olympic distance races held at Mamzar park.
- Race ME Events: a brilliantly organised aquathon (swim, run) series is being put on by the Race ME Events team down at the Jebel Ali Golf Hotel - as well as a duathlon series (run, bike, run) held close to the Hamdan Sports complex.
- Supersports: An aquathon series. Choose from olympic or sprint distance events without the bike.
- Wild Wadi Lazy River race: organised by the legendary Dubai Masters Swimming Club. Put your ideas of drifting gently downstream on a rubber ring to one side, and race 1, 2 or 3 laps of the Wild Wadi Lazy River against the current.
- Mina Mile series: a couple of swim races (800m or 1600m) organised by Supersports from the Meridien Mina Seyahi.
- Burj Swim: a charity swim (and a race for the fish amongst you) around the iconic Burj Al Arab. Raise money for the charity MSF, and kick some arse in the process.
- Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge: organised by the Cycle Safe Dubai guys, join in for the build up rides and then take part in the 92km challenge from Motorcity down round the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and back. No aerobars allowed!
- Probike TT series: an individual and team time trial series, organised by the lovely team at Probike.
- Abras series: The Abras put on a 3 race 10km series, which is well attended. Good, fast, racing.
- Wadi Bih: Race in teams of 5 through the spectacular Wadi Bih - 72km of mainly unpaved road from the sea at Dibba all the way to the top of the Wadi and back. This is a highlight of the year for most endurance athletes. If you are a nutter (and as a triathlete, you probably are), you can do the whole run by yourself.
- Yas Run: A 10km race round the F1 track at the Yas Marina. Don't forget the "neeeeeeooowww" sounds as you overtake people.
- Dubai Marathon: Take away a cool US$250,000 by winning the Dubai Marathon. Or just try to beat your PB at either marathon or 10km distance.
- RAK Half Marathon: Head up the road to RAK for one of the fastest half-marathons in the world.
[If you'd like to try to figure out your bike speed for a race given a certain power output, or the power output that you require to achieve a certain speed, then check out our Power and Speed Calculator]