TriDubai had the pleasure of hosting a training camp for its members with Garth Fox and Peter Leo beginning of 2015
Garth Fox is a sports scientist and endurance performance coach working with both age group and professional athletes. Most notably he coaches 2 time Ironman champion and Xterra World Champion Michi Weiss.
Peter Leo is an Austrian U23 elite triathlete and sports science student at the University of Applied Sciences in Wiener Neustadt, Austria where he is concluding his degree in Sport & Exercise Science.
The training camp was aimed at triathletes of all abilities and covered the following topics:
· Why, How and When of Critical Power and Velocity testing for the 3 disciplines.
· Prescribed training zones and suggested workouts for athlete’s target races.
· Individual assessment of technique and ability with feedback.
· Strength & Conditioning for Triathlon.
· Presentation: The Road to Kona: How do we win this thing?
The idea of the camp was to combine testing and evaluation with short races as this is fun but also a great way to get the best out each other. Testing is a crucial ingredient in any athletes’ development and this camp aimed at equipping every participant with the ability to monitor their own progress on an ongoing basis with simply executed and scientifically underpinned field tests.
For more information about the coach, check out www.garthfox.com