We are very very very excited to announce that Michelle Dillon (two-time Olympian, a former World and European champion, and winner of “Triathlon Coach of the Year” in the 220 Triathlon Awards 2010) will be coming over to Dubai to do a weekend training camp with TriDubai over March 22nd - 23rd 2013.
Although Michelle is an Olympian, it doesn’t mean that you need to be at that level to take part! This weekend will be a fantastic way to learn from the one of the very best and rapidly improve your performance. Over the years, Michelle has helped numerous triathletes (both elite and age group) realize their potential through her combination of energy and enthusiasm, coupled with the knowledge and experience of someone who has been coaching for many years and competed at the highest level.
Are we excited about this? You bet we are!
The rough plan for the training camp weekend is as follows:
- Welcome Drinks. Meet and greet athletes, introduction to Michelle and her assistant, getting to know the athletes.
- Run technique session (approx 2 hours). Learn how to activate the correct muscles before running, using your glutes, learn the correct running drills and technique, then do a 30min+ run with the correct running action.
- Open water swim session (approx 2.5 hours). Improving your run in and out of the water (wading) and swimming in a group, sighting the buoys and getting your wetsuit on and off quickly. Explanation about transition & equipment.
- Stretch session at the beach after the swim.
- Dinner. Informal chat with Michelle, her assistant, and camp participants.
- Bike to run session (Hard Session + Transition practice). (Approx 2-2.5 hours). Warm up on the turbo with a main threshold session and a hard run off the bike around the track. Focus will be on good running form (taken from yesterday's technical session) off the bike.
- Swimming pool session. Technique and skills session within the warm up. Main set and triathlon specific skills for open water. Cool down and stretch.
- Questions and answer session from the weekend. Wind Down
- Dinner + Awards from the weekend training camp
The price for the camp is AED 1,695 per person. We are keeping all activities in Dubai, so there will be no additional accommodation costs. (Note: the dinners are not included in the price of the camp!)
Number of participants:
We are limiting the number of participants to 24, to ensure plenty of individual attention.
To reserve your place, get in contact as soon as possible!